Sunday, November 6, 2011

The ECLECTIC process begins...

Like many, well MOST, of you, I am addicted to Pinterest and Houzz! I am drawn to so many different styles, but the one that I keep going back to... the one that calls my name... is a sweet mix of Traditional Vintage Eclectic. I love everything about the old and the classic and the patterns and the pops of color and the sheer organized chaos of it! So as I looked around my house, I asked myself, "Self, if you love eclectic design so much... why in the world does your home not shout it?!" {not to worry. I didn't actually answer my self... well, not audibly anyway} ;)
Don't get me wrong. I have bits and pieces, here and there, of funky unexpected little things (for example.. I have the fun elevator sign at the stairs),



but it never seemed to be "just right".... so here's where I've started to change that. I dipped into my throw pillow stash (I have a sick obsession) and VOILA!!


My living room before.....

(My apologies... I am fully aware at how much my camera sucks!)


And the AFTER....



Can you even believe the luck in ALL my throw pillows working together so harmoniously?!?! I love, love, love it! ♥♥ NOW.... it's really time I get my rear in gear and find a new rug!
Ugh.... it never ends...... which leads me to another thought....

I am seriously considering renaming my blog "IF YOU GIVE KRISTY AN IDEA..." You know, after the book "If you give a mouse a cookie"... Because one thought ALWAYS leads to another... and another... and another.... :D hahaha :D


Linking up with
Home Stories A2Z

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is fun, so leave a lil' love why don'cha :)