Saturday, May 12, 2012

You know.. The Piece of Furniture that has drawers

So every one knows that this is called a Chest of Drawers. 
I mean it's pretty self explanatory...  It is a chest (a piece of furniture that houses items) and it has drawers that fit in it's frame.  It makes sense, right?? 






WRONG!!!!!

I'm going to tell you a story.  A true story.  One that you will read, laugh and shake your head.
And I'm ok with that. 


In 1999, our family moved from Louisiana to Minnesota.  {It was a feat, let me tell ya...  But since it has nothing to do with my story, I'll spare ya!}

 {{ But it is key to note that we are from Louisiana and we have been known to drop letters from words or replace them with other letters to make a different sound, but they still mean the same thing!  And we all know wha'chall are talkin about bu-cause we're all from the same place.}}

Ok.. fast forward to MN..
We found it easiest and fastest if I stayed in the apartment and directed where things went rather than me being in the truck grabbing a load, while the men stood there waiting on me to find out where to put things.
And since you all should know by now that my ever-so-lovingly nickname is THE QUEEN.. It was a job I was meant for and didn't complain when it was appointed to me~ ;)

Fast forward to the last bedroom being brought up from U Haul into the apartment.....
As I directed a particular piece of furniture to be placed in this particular spot,  my husband stops... 
sets it down... 
looks at me... 
and says 

"What's this called?"

Me, ever so frankly:  "A Chester drawer"

Hubs: "OH, you mean a CHEST OF DRAWERS?!"

{At this point I can only imagine the look on my face as I came to realize that I, the Queen, have called this piece of furniture THE WRONG FLIPPIN NAME my en.tire. life!!  -- Not to mention the ENTIRE DAY IN FRONT OF EVERY NORTHERNER THERE TO HELP US!! 

As I stood there wide-eyed, stoic and thinking  "Oh dear God, just shoot me now!"  My darling husbands says.... 

 "Who the hell is Chester, anyway!?"



BAAAHAHAHahahahahahahahaha!



True story, y'all!

hugs,
k.



7 comments:

  1. Don't feel badly. I once 'corrected' this guy that I dated. He thought he was the most intelligent person in the world. And, one day he kept talking about a chester drawer. Needless to say, I totally enjoyed telling him that the correct name was 'chest of drawers'. Soooo, you are NOT alone. 8-) Cute story. Love that chest, by the way. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Candy!! :) I feel better... ha!!

      Delete
  2. HAHA!!! Priceless...that is hysterical!

    Only you, Tutz...only you!

    I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally hear your voice while reading this. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, my family calls them "chester drawers". Guess I never thought how funny it sounded til you pointed it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha... kinda makes ya go "hmmm" huh?! LOL

      Delete

Feedback is fun, so leave a lil' love why don'cha :)