Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Tips and Tricks

DID YOU KNOW...


You can prevent a pot of boiling water from boiling over?









Sure can!



Simply lay a wooden spoon across the top of the pot.
 


As the bubbles hit the spoon, it causes the water level to diminish just enough so that there's no boil over!

Who knew?!


Go ahead. Try it for yourself!  Then come on back and tell me about your experience :)



 hugs,

k.




*This tip was passed on to me by my sweet friend Terri, at Crafty Workin Mommy! and I have her permission to share this tip with you*

8 comments:

  1. You two are just too stinkin' cute and smart too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susie... can I just keep you tucked in my back pocket? ;)

      Delete
  2. Did you try it yet? I told you that it works! Oh, and I want you both in my back pockets!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How bout next door, Terri? Can I just be next door?? ;)

      Delete
  3. Are you kidding me? This is friggin brilliant. I am totally gonna boil some water just to try it out. I love it.

    And you. I love you. Your place is rockin' over here with your new look. And to think I didn't think you could get any more precious.

    Silly me. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so cute!! and GIRL! I worked on this blog look forevaaa last night! So the fact that you love it... Well, that just makes my DAY!!! Thank you m'darlin!

      btw... STILLLLLLLL missin yo face! ;)

      Delete
  4. awesome! totally trying this! nothing worse than scraping boiled water off of my cooktop stove!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Amanda Carol told me about meeting you at Haven. I'm in Austin, too! And... my name is Kristy! I totally tried this spoon thing the other day. It didn't boil over, but I'm not sure it got close. However, the spoon did burn. Hmmm... Did it work for you?

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is fun, so leave a lil' love why don'cha :)