Wednesday, October 17, 2012

{Sugar Free } Coconutty Fudgie Goodness

Y'ALL!  

Omgsh!  

I just love when I make something (either a project or a recipe)  and it far surpasses my expectations!  

You know what I mean... like when you step back and go  "Holy crap! That's FANTASTIC!"  

WELL

I made a little sugar free sweet treat last night and I love it so much I really MUST share it with you!  I mean, who am I to keep all the yummy goodness to myself?!  ;)

So, here's what I did...

I first roasted  raw coconut, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and whole raw almonds on the stove top (just in a non-stick pan on med-high heat til the coconut begins to brown and the almonds are shiny).  Remove from the pan and set it aside.

Get yourself a box of Sugar Free Chocolate Cake mix by Pilsbury and make it according to the directions, only use COCONUT OIL in place of the vegetable/canola oil you might have used.  It's sooo much healthier for you!  {Does the body reaaaaal good}


 This is what I used.  PURE. YUMMY. GOODNESS.

This particular brand does, in fact, taste like coconut.  A more refined coconut oil will not have any smell or taste.

Now, since it's a solid, I decided to just nuke it for about 15-20 sec to liquify it without making it hot! (you don't want to cook your egg that's in the batter!)

Mix all your batter ingredients together and pour in an 8x8 or 9x9 pan.  
[your batter will be thicker than normal.  That's ok] 
If you need to grease your pan, just rub some of the coconut oil around the bottom and sides.

Next, remove the almonds 
(we just wanted the oils from it for flavor, but you can use them if you want to chop em up and add them to your batter.  This was actually an afterthought for me~ d'oh!) 
and sprinkle your coconut/nut mix on top.  Pat it gently, pressing it into the batter.

Bake to box instructions.

Let cool completely.

And what you are left with is a 

YUMMY,    FUDGEY,    COCONUTTY    DELIGHT!  

(and it's SUGAR FREE)



OH, and now you have toasted almonds to snack on too!

hugs,

k.


Linky love!
Mop It Up Monday
HomeStories A to Z
Cowgirl UP at Crafty Texas Girls

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is fun, so leave a lil' love why don'cha :)