Thursday, January 3, 2013

Meet Matilda Jane, our Great Dane!

I think it's safe to say, we may have officially quite possibly lost our minds...  You know... because our life isn't crazy enough at the moment.  {our big move is in 27 days!}

We've added to our already "full of life" canine  (2 Australian Shepherds) family and got ourselves a Great Dane puppy!!  

And boy!  Is she ADORABLE!

Meet
 Matilda Jane
 10 weeks; 21 lbs.












And this one just cracks me up!



Apparently, Dane's grow like really, really fast... *shrug* who knew  ;)

I'll keep ya posted 

hugs,

k.



2 comments:

  1. Ha! My last Dane pup grew a pound/day for the first 3 months! Be sure to feed her adult food so she doesn't grow too fast…it'll reduce the chances of her getting too arthritic from her joints growing to quickly. I didn't know that with my first dane, and she was very arthritic by age 2. :( Great family dogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kirsten! I am feeding her adult food (21% crude protein) of fish and potato. I read the same thing and was hoping I was doing it right. I had one vet say it was ok to feed giant breed pup food and another say to feed lean adult food. So, I went with what I feed my Aussies... I feed my dogs better than my own family! sheesh! haha
      I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous with raising a Dane... but I am excited at the same time. Any help/advice you can offer.. PLEASE DO!

      Delete

Feedback is fun, so leave a lil' love why don'cha :)