Saturday, February 11, 2012

Just me, sharing some good stuff!

I came across this WONDERFUL blog and post today at New Nostalgia and my second thought was I AM SOO SHARING THIS! (and only because my first thought was "Well I'll be d@mn! I am SO buying me a body brush!"  So I contacted Amy and here it is!

I have hypothyroidism and suffer with itchy patches of dry skin. I also have those stupid little bumps on the back of my arms and legs (like Amy talks about) and have been to 3 dermatologists seeking to rid myself of them with no luck. I am soo stinkin excited to get me a body brush and be on my way to baby butt soft skin!! :) Enjoy!

5 Reasons Why You Should Dry Brush Your Skin


::Why Dry Brush

1. It softens the skin.  
I remember taking a facial class (I'm a cosmetologist), where the instructor had been an esthetician for 15 years.  She told us about dry brushing and had us each come up and feel the skin on her arm.  She was in her 50's, but her skin was as soft as a babies butt!  I was amazed.  She gave all the credit to dry brushing daily.

2. It is a simplistic, inexpensive approach to healthier skin
I love that you can gain great results without expensive potions and treatments.

3. It stimulates the lymphatic system.
After my cancer treatment, I saw a physical therapist who did lymphatic drainage massage on me to help prevent lymphodema.  I was intrigued by how gently she massaged, sweeping soft strokes across my skin, all towards the heart.  This was my first experience with lymphatic massage and I was always amazed at how I needed to immediately use the restroom after lymphatic drainage massage.  My therapist said that was a great indication that she had done her job, stimulating lymph fluid to be released.  She suggested I dry brush at home in the same manner to continue to keep my lymph canals to drain properly, which is detoxifying to the body.

4. It helps with ingrown hairs.
No more razor burn bumps or ingrown hair bumps.  The combination of dry brushing and shaving with a good, natural soap was the answer for me.

5. It sloughs off dead skin.

I used to struggle with small bumps on the back of my arms and on my legs.  Not anymore.  Dry brushing and again, using a natural soap from my local health food store did the trick.  Makes me happy!

6. It feels good!
It is amazing how good it feels to dry brush skin.  Especially if you have itchy, dry skin. It is great early in the morning right before my shower..it helps wake me up!

***************************************************************************

Bet your reacting the same as I did, aren't ya?!

(:  You're welcome  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is fun, so leave a lil' love why don'cha :)