Wednesday, March 14, 2012

BEING and BECOMING MORE!

Hey y'all!

I am in the process of spray painting shtuff between winds that die down long enough not to carry my paint away and rain drops that cease for short bouts of time.. but I AM slowly, but surely making sweet little things to share with you.



In the mean time, I have something to share that was quite profound for me today.  {This may get a little heavy so hold on to your boot straps!}  



I came across an awesomely great project I want to do over at Little Bit Funky.  But as I began reading her past posts, I came across this. (click here~Little Bit Funky and when you're done reading,  please come back and read here. You'll not be sorry!) The reason I am sending you on a little goose chase is because of the conviction I feel after reading her posts.  An honest and well needed conviction!

Truth is, I want to be more like her.  

I want to live my life on purpose for Jesus.  To use my blog not just as a funny, crafty, bru-ha-ha, but as a way to be a vessel for God's greater good and purpose.
Hey... God knows me.  He CREATED me!  He knows I am quirky, and sarcastic and, Lord forgive me, He knows I swear on occasion (Ok, fine. More than that, but we're working on it, He and I) and I don't always share what's really on my heart. Not out of disobedience necessarily, but out of fear. Fear of rejection, fear of failure, fear of loosing friends because they may think I'm weird and hokey.  But I was convicted in that area today.  If I loose friends for loving Jesus and sharing (when I feel led) then.. so be it.  I'll still have Jesus and at the end of the day, that's all that matters anyway. He is my one constant and I am content in that!






SO from now on, I will not let "fear of" stop me from living and being who God created me to be for the sake of others.  I will begin living my life on purpose! Not just float on by trying to conjure up little bits of joy here and there. I want to feel and long for PURE JOY!  Joy that just oozes from my words, my actions and connections with everyone... And then... I want to be so overflowing with it that I can't help but pass it along to YOU!  Don't worry.. I won't become a "Bible thumper" (zero discredit to the Bible!! It has gotten me thru some pretty hard times and gives me HOPE every day!)

I just want to BE more!  BECOME more!

Source: imgfave.com via Kristy on Pinterest



Let me know you're thoughts. I'd really like to know you all better!
(but please be kind ;)

hugs,
k.

2 comments:

  1. I love, love, love your honesty and openness.

    This was a great read and such a well-timed reminder.

    Sometimes in this old world, the only thing I am certain of, is my faith. And that's pretty ok with me.

    =)

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is fun, so leave a lil' love why don'cha :)